Why should you buy a key box?
With your key in a key box instead of the common hideaway places (eg: the mailbox, the doormat, the freestanding stand, the flower pot), you retain the practical advantages of hiding your regular key, while improving security at home or at the office immensely.
Some common issues that are solved with a key box:
• Your son or daughter has lost their keys, and are now locked out (and you might have to change locks which is VERY expensive).
• Your relatives are on their way and you will not make it home before they arrive to let them in.
• Someone needs temporary access to your house when you are away (e.g. the chimney sweeper, some craftsmen).
• You have forgotten the house keys at work and are now locked out.
• You arrive at your cabin many miles from home but realise that you forgot the cabin keys at home.
• You are going for a run and don't want to take the bulgy key with you.
Easy to use and install/mount!
• Nyckelgömman is designed to withstand both weather and wind, and works just fine even in the harsh winters of northern Sweden.
• No batteries that might malfunction when outdoors.
• Very easy to choose and change your own personal code.
• Has 10,000 possible combinations (so it will be easy to find a code you can remember)
• Nyckelgömman is easily installed (in less 10 minutes) with help of four supplied screws.
• Holds a smaller key bundle and has room for longer keys.
Suitable places for key box use:
• The villa
• The summer cabin
• Storage room
• The hunting lodge and slaughter lodge
• Your caravan or motorhome
• You boat
• The hunting slaughterhouse
• For a gate
Since the key box locking mechanism isn't lubricated from the factory it is a great idea to lubricate it with ordinary lock oil for maximal lifetime when it arrives. You can buy a bottle of Turtle wax lock oil from us, so we can send it with your Nyckelgömma. Of course you can use this oil for any other locks as well.
You can find the accessories further down on the page or under accessories.
External dimensions, H x W x D:
135 x 105 x 46 mm
Internal dimensions (lid closed), H × W × D:
113 x 64 x 31 mm in the middle (38 mm on the right and left side of the code lock)
Smaller key chain or car key
Mechanical code lock
Anti-theft (Most importantly: Much much better than any of your usual hideaway places)